Thursday, June 21, 2012

Full Sail and Double Mountain – An Ode to Summer

Well I can think about 10+ things that I’ve wanted to write about lately, but life has been keeping me busy, which is good. Today, I was browsing through my photos and came across a trip we made to the Columbia Gorge in August 2011. It involved (3) different brewery stops:

  1. Everybody's Brewing
  2. Full Sail Tasting Room & Pub
  3. Double Mountain Brewery & Taproom

At the time, my intention was to make this a three part series, but I only managed to get one part done. I covered our experience at Everybody’s Brewing. If you haven’t read it and would like to, check it out here: http://eyeluvbeer.blogspot.com/2011/12/everybodys-brewing-brew-venture-in.html

Full Sail and Double Mountain never received their due. Of course, by now and many beers later, I don’t recall much from our visit. The photos did remind me of a few things, but I realized that I either need to write a post soon after the experience or start jotting down the main highlights. I was great at taking notes as a scholar, but that knack has long slipped away into the cracks. So instead of trying to create a fictitious story, which might be more interesting than reading some variation of the truth, I thought I would just post the photos with a few brief captions about what remains imprinted in my memory from an excellent summer day.

First Stop: Full Sail Tasting Room & Pub

Thirsty humans.

Official entry sign.

Get your asses in here!

Tap list circa August 2011.

Bar area.

Dining area...we got there right when they opened.

Outside seating area and cute beer lover.

Nice mosaic on the wall.

Great views off the deck.

Whatcha looking at fool?!

The menu looked decent, put we never received the
Hummus Plate we ordered. I guess we weren't the only ones
a little hung over.

You have the standard Full Sail line-up with
a number of beers brewed only for their pub.  

A little beer history.

A note from The Full Sail Crew.

Full Sail's main brewing facility can be seen from their pub

I think this may have been the Hop Pursuit Pale Ale if
my memory serves me correct.

Mysterious leg growing inside Full Sail's
brewing area.

Feel the chill!


Second Stop:  Double Mountain Brewery & Taproom

Giving Double Mountain the one finger Fonzie 'Heyyyy'

The real deal giving Double
Mountain the 'Heyyyy'

This is it kids!

The beer and music list.


Bar area.

Beer list on our August visit.

Signature logo to go along with their
signature beers.

All members of the family being represented.

Great salads to be had.

Inside looking out.

Do yourself  a favor and get a pizza.
One of the best we've had.

Don't forget about their large room next door.




No comments:

Post a Comment