Friday, March 9, 2012

Session #62: What Drives Beer Bloggers?

This is part of an ongoing series called The Session. The Session, a.k.a. Beer Blogging Friday, is an opportunity once a month for beer bloggers from around the world to get together and write from their own unique perspective on a single topic. This month’s topic was chosen by one of Portland’s most notable craft beer promoters and bloggers, Angelo De leso. What follows is an attempt to give some insight as to what drives me to write my blog.

Eyeluvbeer’s blog roots are rather shallow. The first post was written in April, 2011. Before that, Eyeluvbeer, which began in the spring of 2010, was and still is a company that promotes our beer culture with “cleverly” designed stickers and t-shirts. The blog is an extension of that and was begun because I missed writing. At my day job, writing is limited to business like emails and blurbs that are technical in nature. The blog allows me to be creative. You may or may not be interested in reading everything or anything I write and that’s okay. It’s more of a personal outlet for me that brings inner satisfaction. I think my FiancĂ©e thinks I’m crazy, but she’s very supportive. I could be doing worse things for sure.

The blog itself covers a wide variety of topics. I like writing about events I attend, new places I visit, people in the beer community and sometimes off the wall stuff. I don’t foresee any major changes in the future, except for maybe writing more posts per month, potentially getting into video and hoping someone out there might want to occasionally guest blog. Right now, my buddy Mark and his wife Brenda are my only contributors. The ultimate dream for the blog would be to have an editor (laugh). No matter how many times I look over something I always find mistakes. Fortunately those can be fixed after your post is live. Modern technology does have its advantages.

Cheers Fellow Bloggers,
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment