Friday, March 23, 2012

Commuting, Work, The Fremont Bridge and Widmer Brothers Brewing

Commuting from Portland to Hillsboro everyday for work is a real drag, but there are a few things that make it tolerable. Here are (3) of them:

Work:
I enjoy the people I work with. Everyone is down to earth and easy to get along with. We all work well together and help each other out when needed.

Fremont Bridge (I405):
The Fremont Bridge has spectacular views. On a clear, sunny day it’s amazing to see the entire landscape that surrounds Portland. Of course, Mt. Hood catches the eye first, but the overall backdrop is just as beautiful. My favorite time is morning. The sunrise is sublime from the bridge. I wish I could stop and take a picture. On a day like yesterday, when a light dusting of snow covered the hills surrounding Portland, it’s just as pretty.


Widmer Brothers Brewing:
This kind of goes along with the Fremont Bridge as the bridge is what I’m on when I’m treated to the smell of beer being brewed below at Widmer. I love the aroma no matter what time of day it is. It’s an awesome smell and nothing compares. It stirs up memories of when The Henry Weinhard Brewery complex was in downtown Portland. I miss that place.

Henry Weinhard's Brewery, 1997 (photo by Brian Libby)
Just a cool pic I came across of  the Fremont Bridge under
construction.
(City of Portland Archives)



No comments:

Post a Comment