Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Middle Ages Brewing Company

When I set my self-made time machine to the 10th century I figured I'd end up in The Middle Ages. However, there must have been an internal equipment failure, because instead I found myself 3 hours ahead of Pacific Standard Time in Syracuse, NY at Middle Ages Brewing Company. Middle Ages Brewing is the only full production brewery in Syracuse and has been owned and operated locally for 18 years. They are inspired by the British Brewing tradition and their ales are handcrafted using only the finest ingredients including malt imported directly from England.

Storming the Castle
My mom, sis, wife and I arrived at Middle Ages on Christmas Eve five minutes before closing. They welcomed us in and asked what we’d like to try. As busy as they were filling growlers, we were quickly given a number of free samples to taste. Everything we had
was decent. I really enjoyed the Mayan Apocalypse; a limited-release American Strong Ale brewed exclusively for the end of the world. By the way, what ever happened with that?
Druids pouring fluid
Middle Ages brew definitely has that English Ale flavor. They do bend the rules though, but in a good way by making a number of beers with higher alcohol content. Add to that crafty beer names, such as Wailing Wench, Druid Fluid and Beast Bitter along with their amusing labels, and you have yourself a winner. If visiting or passing though Syracuse I highly recommend stopping by. No Black Death here, just great beer!

Label
Druids drinking fluid

No comments:

Post a Comment