Saturday, May 12, 2012

Happy Mother's Day in HTML!

I’ve never been very good at mailing greeting cards period. I either totally slack on it or get them sent out after the fact. My sister is very good at reminding me well in advance that I need to send a card when an occasion arises. Just this week I received at least (4) text messages from my wonderful sis reminding me that Mother’s Day was Sunday and that I needed to get a card for my mother and grandmother. Have I done that? Why of course not. “I” did send flowers to both of them, but that was the handy work of my Fiancée. God bless her.

As I sit here and type I wonder what my problem is. I love my mom and grandma more than they’ll ever know. My mother has made a ton of sacrifices to make sure my sister and I were raised properly. We were her #1 priority and still are. I must thank her for all the guidance and support she continues to offer. My grandma, well she’s a hoot. My late Grandpa John re-married a long time friend after his wife (my 1st grandma) passed. Technically she's my step grandma, but I’ll never think of her that way. She’s smart, witty and can cook you a mean crêpe. She’s almost 90 and still going strong. I don’t necessarily believe in her political views (smile), but hell, that ain’t gonna stop me from loving her.

So, what is the root of this greeting card problem? It’s family genetics, or at least that’s what my amazing Dad and I like to blame it on. My sister, who constantly reminds me to send a card has been known not to mail one on time, but she'll always get one out eventually. There’s clearly something missing in our family DNA. Of course, there are several things missing in my particular make-up.  The only person blessed with the card sending gene in our family of four is my mom.

Without further due, I just want to say in HTML:
HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY MOM AND GRANDMA!
I love you, and I don’t need no stinkin’ card to say that.

No comments:

Post a Comment