Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Where the heck have I been?

So, where the heck have I been? Busy! My day job has picked-up big time.  As you know, the global financial crisis began back in December of 2007 (according to the U.S. National Bureau of Economic Research). The same agency reported that it ended in June, 2009. Maybe it did for you, but my financial crisis didn't end (I use the term lightly) until about 8 months ago. It has been a long, hard road for myself, and for many of my friends and colleagues. It was financially and mentally one of the most challenging times for me. Thankfully, I never lost my job, but it wasn't an all glitz and glam easy ride. In retrospect, my problems were minor. To me though, they sucked.

My financial crisis continued well beyond the above time frame 

I hope those days are behind me, and you, if you happened to share a similar experience. At the moment, I’m a busy, happy-ass beaver. As a result, my blog has suffered. She (yes, my blog is a woman; one hell of sexy one) has been dealing with rejection and abandonment issues for months, and has recently sought counseling. She convinced herself I left her for #pdxbeergeeks, Brewpublic, Beervana Buzz, Beervana, A Pint for Dionysus, Brewmance NW, or the seemingly controversial, New School. I told her “although very tempting, I would never do that.” “You see”, I said, “you complete me” (in the same vein that Jerry conveys his feelings to Dorothy in Jerry Maquire). I think she has finally begun to realize I have other obligations to live up to. I told her I felt bad about not giving her the attention she deserves. I even shed several tears on my keyboard's Alt key and Spacebar.  She consoled me and said, “I just want you to love beer as
much as you did when you placed your very first, lengthy entry into me on April 20th, 2011.”  "Well duh", I said, knowing that was the wrong thing to say at such an emotional point in our conversation.  I went on to express myself to her in a more appropriate manner, stating that I love beer just as much, if not more than I did back in 2011 when we first met.

Not only has my blog suffered, but my recent beaver status is also going limit or nullify my participation as a vendor in beer festivals this summer and fall. They’re a lot of work, but so much fun. I certainly appreciate the intense effort organizers, brewers and volunteers put into these events to make them happen for the community. It’s no small feat. Cheers to you!

Non-busy, lethargic beaver
Busy, happy-ass beaver

Why do I keep rambling on about me, myself, my blog and beaver? Well, because I can. It’s my constitutional write, or right. My blog loves it too, "Huh baby?" “Yes, I've missed your stupid shit you asshole”. I also know my 1-2 readers have been craving a new post. So, there you have it…basically I’m too busy to write (which I enjoy), but never too busy to have a beer (which I love). However, please stay tuned for another post in July (Danger, Will Robinson) on some exciting news (well at least I think so) that's almost brewed up.  After all, it's f-in' Oregon Craft Beer month bitches!


No comments:

Post a Comment