Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Breakside Brewery's Woodlawn IPA


Bono from U2 still may not have found what he’s looking for, but I think I did. I stopped by Breakside Brewery on Sunday for a pint; a place I don't frequent often just because it's a little off the radar from the small radius I’ve defined around my house. At Breakside, I ordered one of their fairly new additions, an IPA appropriately named ‘Woodlawn’ for the neighborhood the brewery resides in. My first sip had me. This was the summer session-like IPA that I‘ve been after. It had the perfect balance of hops and a crispness to it that assisted in quenching my thirst on the warm day I was there. I’m no expert at describing beer, so here’s an excerpt I snagged from Breakside’s website:

Woodlawn IPA
A new addition to our full-time lineup, this second IPA showcases four pungent American hops that we don’t use in our regular IPA: Newport, Amarillo, Cascade, and Chinook. It is slightly darker, more full bodied and less bitter than our flagship beer, and at under 6% ABV, it’s a hoppy beer that you can drink all day long.

5.4% ABV
49 IBU

Until we meet again my new, dearest friend, Mr.Woodlawn.

1 comment:

  1. Neighbor to neighborhood! Thanks Mark! You're hired as the official Eyeluvbeer editor and guest blogger!

    ReplyDelete