Tuesday, July 31, 2012

IKEA Beer?

I might just go to IKEA with my Fiancé if they start serving beer in their US stores. Yeah right, who am I kidding. I highly doubt that would convince my somewhat sane mind to go shopping at the mega-limited directions included-mega store. First off, who even eats at IKEA? I know I haven’t. I’m not saying their food isn’t good. It could possibly be some of the finest culinary cuisine. Tripadvisor gives Portland’s IKEA Café a 4 star rating. I just think it’s a strange concept that’s all. A lot of big box stores serve food, and a majority of it doesn’t look very appetizing. I look at it as filler material. It’s there to give you additional fuel when you feel you just don’t have enough stamina left to conquer their massive store. It also keeps you from leaving. They want you to stay. Hell, why not just move in. I will confess I do love the soft serve ice cream cones from Costco’s snack bar. They alone occasionally lure me in on a hot day. The cone costs about a $1 and tastes amazing. What’s not to love? Perhaps that’s what IKEA is banking on by now offering (2) styles of beer at their UK locations. If they can make a decent, inexpensive “Swedish” beer maybe that’s enough to entice a few of us non-shopaholic hop lovers into their massive blue and yellow buildings. If this idea is successful in the UK I’m sure we’ll see IKEA’s beer in stateside stores soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment