Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Beer Buzz 01: Widmer, The World Famous Kenton Club and The End of The World

We hope your 2012 is off to a great start. Since the end of the world is scheduled for December 21st, we thought we better get out as many blog posts as possible. Yeah right.  We do have a few updates to share with ya though.  My friend, and fellow guest blogger, Mark turned me on to an article last July that said Widmer was going to build an outdoor beer garden (see our original post: 'Widmer Brothers to Build Beer Garden').  The rumor was true at the time, but on a recent, pre-Blazer game visit to their Gasthaus Pub I was informed that it was put on hold for at least a couple of years.  I also inquired about a remodel to Widmer’s innards.  That I was told may happen within the next year or so. Regardless, Widmer is always great, and will continue to be my go-to spot before a Rose Garden/Coliseum events.  I heart their Pitch Black IPA!


The second round of news came by word of mouth.  Angelo, from The World Famous Brewpublic told me that he saw on OLCC’s website that The World Famous Kenton Club applied for a brewing license.  It looks like it has been in the works for a while judging from some old articles I came across, including this one in The Willamette Week: 'Drink 2011: The World Famous Kenton Club'.  Hopefully it happens.  I love the Kenton Club.  As a matter of fact, we’re playing there this Saturday!  Check it: http://kentonclub.com/event/428/.  Sorry, I couldn't resist throwing in a personal plug.


Enjoy the rest of the year, and remember to book your Escape Earth 2012 Tickets. I highly recommend the Superluminal Package!


No comments:

Post a Comment