Thursday, October 20, 2011

Premature Winter Beerulation

What the heck! Is it just me, or are winter beers being released way too early? I’m not ready for winter and I’m sure not ready for winter beer. I haven’t even inked my summer tour of three breweries in the Columbia Gorge. I think I may wait to write it until December or January when it’s cold, dark and rainy; the perfect time to crack open a winter release. I can visualize myself in pajamas all day, sorting through sun ladened Gorge pictures, writing and sipping on a nice winter seasonal. This is the time that warrants the warmth provided by a cheery beer. It comforts the soul, as a bowl of warm chili or a hot cup of cocoa would. So, why are winter beers appearing on our shelves and taps so early? I heart’em, but now is not the time. It’s like seeing Christmas movies, commercials and store decorations appearing before Thanksgiving. For crying out loud, National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation was on TV the other night. A great holiday movie, but why so soon? What’s the rush?

Store display seen today!
Bridgeport Ebenezer Ale on tap...ran across this last night.
Shiters full!

No comments:

Post a Comment