Thursday, August 4, 2011

Casual Encounter with a New Growler

I came across one of these bad boys at the Hopworks Bike Bar on a recent trip to fill up my standard, glass Growler.

WIMPY!
HEFTY!
I was wondering what someone was doing filling up a giant water bottle with beer, so I asked if I could see it.  It said ‘Laurelwood’ on the bottle.  Was this a new type of Growler?!  It certainly was, and it was the best thing I have seen since my first encounter with sliced bread.  The Growler’s owner said they picked it up not long ago and really liked it.  They said they even gave it a test by accidentally leaving it in the trunk of their car on a hot sunny day for 8 hours.  The result: The beer was just as cold as when it left the tap.  This high-tech, double wall vacuum insulated beer transportation device is manufactured by Hydro Flask, which is located in Bend, OR.  You can find them in Portland at the Laurelwood Public House & Brewery for $49.99, which includes a beer fill of your choice, or on the Hydro Flask web site for the same price, plus $10.95 for shipping and handling.  Initially, I thought the price was a little steep, but after mulling it over I think it is a great investment, especially  if you like to take your beer to the beach, the disc golf course, hiking, etc.  Also, it will be something that you will have forever and I am sure will certainly cherish.
Standard 64oz Hydro Flask

2 comments:

  1. very cool. I'm looking for Laurelwood crowncaps (bottle caps) if anyone out that way can hook a brother up!!

    ReplyDelete