Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Lame Ass Misses The 1st Annual Fruit Beer Festival

This is a long overdue post that has been patiently waiting for me in my ‘My Documents’ folder.  Sorry my loyal (7) followers.  My simple life is just slightly more important than this blog. So without further delay, I leave you with this:

Well, I did not make it to the 1st annual Fruit Beer Festival at Burnside Brewing.  I actually rode by it on my bike on Sunday after stopping at the Portland Rose Festival Dragon Boat Race to see my friend’s wife kick some booty on the Willamette.  It was my first time ever going to see a Dragon Boat race and I was impressed. I think there were about 90+ teams racing for glory.  All the teams deserve a round of praise, as it takes a lot of dedication and practice to do what they do.  I could actually feel my arms becoming weaker and weaker as I watched them paddle an intense sprint from the Marquam to the Hawthorne bridge.


Lame ass that did not go to the Fruit Beer Festival
(Shown here at the Dragon Boat Races)
Okay, so why am I writing about crap that is not beer related?  Well it is beer related.  I think most of the recreational things I do correlate with beer in some respect.  I did at least ride by the Fruit Beer Festival, right.  I was going to head in, but I was beer-ed out from the past (2) nights.  Occasionally it does happen to the best of us. 

Here is a brief recap of  those (2) nights.  AKA, my lame excuse for not going to the Fruit Beer Festival:

Friday was spent a few blocks from my house with friends at the new Hopworks Bike Bar and Old Lompoc’s Side Bar.  A nice combo by the way.  The Side Bar was a welcomed change after the hustle and bustle of HUB.  The Side Bar is a quiet and warm space to enjoy fine beers and conversation.  It reminds me of a wine bar, but with beer. Saturday, I was out in the Montavilla neighborhood at Thatchers watching the Timbers play.  Thatchers is not a brew pub, but it does have some good taps, plus it has that great neighborhood tavern feel.  According to my friend, they make a great burger as well. So on Sunday I was not game for more beer.  I was a little worried about myself, as this seldom occurs.  I guess my ass is getting old.  Anyway…from what I read, the Fruit Beer Festival was a huge success. I am looking forward to being in attendance next year.



No comments:

Post a Comment