Wednesday, May 25, 2011

BRAIN vs. LIVER: The organ clash over the soon to be Hopworks Bike Bar.

As you most likely know, Hopworks Urban Brewery (HUB) will be opening their second location on N. Williams Ave in mid-June. What does this mean? It means us North Portland peeps will have another great brew pub to frequent. It also means not having to trek across town to take in their award winning beers and delectable food.

You may be wondering why I am blogging about this when there is already a wealth of information on HUB’s soon to be second home. The reason is personal; ever since news broke that HUB was moving in to the neighborhood my brain and liver have been at battle. My liver feels great places already exist within walking distance to drink amazing beer. It enjoys Lompoc’s Fifth Quadrant, which is literally next-door to HUB’s future location. It is also an Amnesia groupie; a brewery about 8 blocks west. Oh, and that guy below the lower part of my right ribcage told me not to forget about the other fine beer purveyors slightly further out, such as Saraveza, Breakside, McMenamins, Widmer, The Hop and Vine and The Lucky Labrador.


Please do not get me wrong, my liver loves HUB’s beer, which is why my brain is so concerned. My brain is afraid that my liver will dedicate a good portion of its free time to drinking beer at HUB and slowly forget about the other places that it once patronized.

So, what will happen? Good question. After some thought, I believe I have determined that my brain and liver are two separate entities. My brain has made the decision to remain true to the other incredible beer establishments in the area; HUB will certainly become part of the rotation. My liver says “f%#k you brain, when HUB opens you are going to be my bitch.” However, I still believe my aging brain has capable power to trump the desires of my weakening liver.
          
Stupid Liver



Homer and I have some things in common
 
Welcome to the neighborhood HUB! Well almost.


With Love,
Brain and Liver

1 comment:

  1. thats fLiPPiN awesome! what Ashley Rose is worried about is that you wiLL stay in your littLe neck of the woods faR away from HUB #1 in NOPO, and will forget that you have friends in SE at the ORiGINAL HUB. No worries. Just call me. HOP on the bus, and I'll take you o the faraway breweries that you might not want to drive home from!

    ReplyDelete